Sunday, December 13, 2009

Is accutane the best type of acne medication? Are the generic brands like sotret not work as well?

I've been breaking out for 1 1/2 years now and my dermatologist recommended almost everything to me and it only made my skin worse i think. now i have acne scars and my skin is fair and it makes the blemishes much more noticeable. Finally my dermatologist recommended accutane for me, but my pharmacy didnt have it and gave me sotret (a generic brand) instead. Does it not work as well as accutane?Is accutane the best type of acne medication? Are the generic brands like sotret not work as well?
Generics, like Sotret, are the same as Accutane. They are the same drug, Isotretinoin, but the actual ';Accutane'; was the original drug, so it costs a LOT more.





The drug company that developed Accutane was allowed to produce it exclusively for a given number of years, and then other drug companies were allowed to distribute it as well. This allows it to be sold at a much lower price.





Unless the doctor checks the ';DAW'; box (dispense as written), the pharmacy may substitute a generic drug. Regardless, the pharmacy cannot give you a drug that is chemically different than what is written on the prescription slip.





The bottom line? Same drug, better price. :]Is accutane the best type of acne medication? Are the generic brands like sotret not work as well?
accutane is the ONLY medication that gets rid of acne.


nothing else CURES it.
well my friend maybe it is time to try some natural acne treatments http://acnedestroyer.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan officer