Friday, December 11, 2009

Could acne be due to actual LACK of sebum? (oil)?

I have a few pimples on my shoulders and back, I'm 16 years old. My skin feels dry elsewhere, so I couldn't figure out why it would be oily on my shoulders and not on my face, etc. When I go for spray tans which have moisturizing ingredients or when I use an oil-filled moisturizer...weirldy...my acne seems to fade away!





So my theory is, just like dry eyes produce MORE tears when they are dry, do you think it's possible a LACK of oil causes the body to go into overdrive and secrete all the oil it can, therefore causing acne? I don't know, just a thought.Could acne be due to actual LACK of sebum? (oil)?
Sounds likely... But having oil on your back %26amp; shoulders, for ex., and not your face is normal. Everybody's different. If using oily moisturizer works for you, then go ahead! As long as you don't become oily on previously dry areas, you're good.
  • signature loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    loan officer